Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I can't feel my fingers...

THIS WEEK MAKES 3 MONTHS. That means I only have 14 months left. Does that blow the mind of anybody else? Or just mine? Yeah, I only get a 17 month mission... But in two months, I'll only have a year left! O.o I don't know how I feel about it.

I have a confession to make... I've been listening to Christmas music all week. BUT IN MY DEFENSE, time on a mission flies by, so if I don't start listening to it now, by the time Thanksgiving comes, I'll feel like I didn't get to listen to it at all! So I'm enjoying it while I can. Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Dino... Aaahhhh. They do Christmas carols the best!

Saturday the ward had a HUMONGOUS yard sale at the church to raise funds for the three missionaries they have going out within the next 3 months. GUESS HOW SUCCESSFUL THIS WAS. It was $1,000 successful! There's still A LOT of stuff, and they're doing another one this week, so that's way cool :) We were there helping out all morning. I got a little sunburn on my nose, that I just realized :) Hahah

We went to a ward chili cook-off (we had dinner with one of WML's, but he didn't realize it was the ward dinner, so we just sat with them :). IT WAS AWESOME. Everything was decorated like autumn, and I was in heaven. I'll send some pictures of that :)

Just for your information, I'm slowly getting sicker and sicker, I feel. I'm eating and drinking sufficiently, but I'm still getting worse. I'm shaky and dizzy all the time, headaches and nausea are not only persistent, but worsening. I feel exhausted to the point of tears sometimes... I don't know. I just feel awful. We came home early last night (my companion is feeling it a little bit too) and I went straight to sleep. We both feel like we're dying. We took a 3 hour nap between a meeting and church, then came home and I went to sleep at 8:30. But I still woke up feeling like a zombie. The sleep was great, I just wish I could do it all the time. I DON'T WANT TO DIE.

Last night I got to meet Sheri Dew. She came to the building where our branch meets, and did a devotional for City Center. It was amazing. Of course, I forgot to bring my notebook, so I had to take notes on the iPad. I hate doing that :( But I am grateful that I DID have the iPad to take notes! These iPads are really neat to have, but at the same time I'm not a fan. The area book/planner app is just so much work, and quite confusing. I like using paper planners... But the mission is trying to wean off of the paper planners and just use the iPads. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I wasn't awake this week. It was really weird. So sorry my email is short (in comparison to my other emails...) ;) My emails are never truly short though... Hahaha I'll send y'all some pictures to play with now.

Luke, I'm sending you an email about things to remember/MTC advice. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU'RE LEAVING THIS WEEK.

I love you all a lot, and miss y'all like crazy.

Hermana Willis

Cooper and me. This is my landlord's grandkid. SO DARLING, this one.

Elder Stevenson drew a picture of me. How sweet. -_-

More fun with the Dushane kids :)

One thing the iPads are good for... Keeping kids entertained while my companion eats :) (I had already eaten...)

Zone activity. Always a fun time :)

At the temple as a district :)

So a bunch of us missionaries were standing there, and they put this mirror right in front of us. THIS MEANS PICTURE TIME! Hahahaha

Missionary fundraiser! The kid in the red reports to the MTC on the 30th for the Kansas Wichita mission. WOOT WOOT! :)

Me, at the chili cook-off. Cutest thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment