Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sept 29th: Soooo... transfers...

Remember how much I'm in love with this area? A lot?

Well... my time here is up. SIX WEEKS. That's all I got. Dang. I know Heavenly Father has His plans and fun ideas for my life, I just am sad that I won't be here anymore. It's literally almost perfect here. I love it. :(

SO MY BISHOP ISN'T BISHOP ANYMORE?! Well, I guess he's not my bishop anymore, so that's cool. Whoa. And my dad's all up in the bishopric? Nice. That ward will always be the best ward in all the land.

Fun fact: There's an Elder here named Elder Kepo'o. He is the Hawaiian Mormon version of Jheremy. He's so cool. He leaves for Costa Rica today! Just thought you'd like to know that.

Confidence booster!: Last Monday a sister told me every time she sees me I look "business chic." I almost hugged her. Another lady told me I have a beautiful complexion after just meeting me? Another sister told me I'm really driven and ambitious, and she thinks I could be the next president of the United States. People picked a good week to compliment the heck out of me.

I love that I can read the scriptures and LEARN THINGS and be able to APPLY THEM in life! I was awful at that before. Are you ready for something amazing? This was always one of my favorite war stories because of John Bytheway, but I never realized these parts...

Alma 50:3-5, 14 = make your weak things become strong!

Wait Elisabeth, don't you mean Ether 12:27?
No, I mean Alma 50!

Like the Lamanites did, Satan will walk up and think he can get you like he had before. But he's going to be shock-ed and amaz-ed at your spiritual preparations. How great will be his disappointment! :)

These war chapters are FILLED with spiritual nuggets of GOLD. Every time I read, I'm just blown away at how much I learn. IT IS SO BRILLIANT. I cannot wait to meet Moroni and Teancum. They're such dang bosses! I'm going to name one of my sons Teancum. Not really. But just imagine:
Stranger: Where'd your name come from?
My son: Oh, just a book of holy scripture. Teancum was a super boss military leader who totally murdered the bad guys' leader in the night. He also tricked a huge army into attacking them while his other friends took over their city. This is my twin brother, Moroni.
Yes.

Alma 51:5-6 made me think of the way things were in the US when I "left" (I technically didn't leave, but I left all that political mumbo-jumbo behind). Republicans, liberals, conservative, democrat, independent, non-denominational (hahah). It's all bologna! The question is who considers themselves part of the freemen, and who is part of the kingmen? Alma 50:39 talks about when Pahoran was appointed chief judge and governor, "with an oath and sacred ordinance to judge righteously, and to keep the peace and the freedom of the people, and to grant unto them their sacred privileges to worship the Lord their God,..." What are the two most important thing, ever? God. Our families. The right to raise our families up in God. The right to do so is a sacred privilege. Isn't that beautiful? This doesn't have to do with which political side someone is on, money, ethics, or whatever people claim is most important. It's all about protecting our sacred privilege of worship.

I love this school. The bells play hymns.

Here's a sneak peak into my way of thinking: take a melatonin to help me sleep. Chase it with a cookie. -_-

There's snow on the mountains again!

Saturday I walked aaaalll day in the pouring, freezing rain. It was awesome. I loved it.

Elder Boren (the stake senior missionary couple) makes these little Minions. He gave me this one last night. I LOVE IT.

My knee has been bothering me a little bit, so the nurse put me on a regimen of ibuprofen ALL DAY LONG. Like I'm maxing out on ibuprofen all day. So I've been SUPER nauseated. I decided I'd rather have knee pain than feel super sickly, so I quit that. Haha We'll see how this comes along.

Here's my favorite story I heard someone share in sacrament meeting. LEO TOLSTOY! Yay, Russian literature! :)

Anyway, I'm going to have to start PACKING? Freaking dang it. Oh well. It was wonderful while it lasted.

I LOVE YOU, PROVO! :(

Have a lovely week, and LISTEN/WATCH GENERAL CONFERENCE! :)

Loves,

Hermana Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment