Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tomorrow is the BIG day!!! :)

The food is really just mass produced, so I'm just not used to it. I finally felt like a regular sized human on Sunday(fast Sunday). My poor body really needed a rest from this food. Hahahaha It's all more... artificial than I'm used to. But it's all good, my next meal will be in the mission home!! President McCune and his wife will be picking us up at4:45! I'm kind of freaking out. And don't you fret! I love writing in my journal. Every day runs together (like I could never have imagined), so it's the only way I can tell what day is what, and I can't keep track of the date and day of the week by writing in my journal. I find my myself constantly asking my companions "What day is it?" Hahahaha I love the MTC, and I'm really sad to leave. I know if I had to be here for a few more weeks, I wouldn't feel this way, so I'm glad I can escape while I still love it :)

So I've had one consistent teacher, and lots of substitutes. Hno. Wilkes was our first teacher, and our real assigned teacher. We had 5 substitutes throughout the past two weeks, and then finally, our other assigned teacher, Hna. Casares, got home from her honeymoon/wedding trip, and she was able to teach us our last class. SHE IS AMAZING. I just love her to a thousand pieces. I wish she could have been our teacher for longer, but I also love all of our substitutes, so I'm glad I got to get to know them, too. One of our substitutes, Hno. Williams served in Provo! Aaaaand he knows Kaleb Bedenbaugh. TINY ITSY BITSY WORLD, I tell you!

My contacts hate me. Like... despise me. I'm wearing them more often to try and get used to them, and finally yesterday, I was able to wear them all day without using eye drops every 30 minutes. Haha The eye doctor said they were the most moisturizing, but I was talking to one of my subs, Hno. Bell, and he said I should try a different kind. Different kinds work well for different people. So I'll probably try another kind when I get into the field. But I love my glasses. And I love being able to see with this new prescription. It's like a whole new world! Hahaha

I have a thousand pictures to send, but these MTC computers don't like my camera, so I'm going to have to upload them to my USB thumbdrive and send it to you guys in a week. Feel free to post them on facebook or email them to people. AND, Elder Taylor, from Colonia Juarez (explained in my written letter soon to arrive) and I got a picture. I want you to send it to the Romney's, and show them how tiny this world is! Hahah Also, tell someone to tell Braden that I said best wishes, and I know he'll do great!

I saw CORY BRADLEY! I almost attack hugged the snot out of him, but I mainteined my cool (mostly... Ok no I didn't, I just didn't hug him). I almost had a heart attack. Hahah We got a picture together, which is also coming soon. He loves his companions/roomies, and seems to be loving it here! He also told me his mom's doing well, which was so good to hear. I've been thinking about her lately. I also saw Connor Brannen, Jordan Gold, Chelsea Aniel (like everyday. We're on a super similar schedule), and two kids from institute that I can't remember the names of. So fun :)

Yeah, I was all super stressed and bummed about the language, but it's seriously been coming so much easier! It's amazing the things that can happen when you don't rely on "the arm of the flesh," and "put...trust in the Lord." (...somewhere in 1 Nephi 4. STUDY THE SNOT OF THAT CHAPTER. It's my favorite.) I'm going to try and get a picture of just me for my plaque, but it'll still be another week until I get y'all any pictures. Sorry :}

The temple is down for construction, but I so get to go a bit in my mission, so I am SERIOUSLY SO EXCITED! I miss it so much!

Mom, I'm actually not having any phone withdrawals, or facebook even! Sometimes I look at a picture I take and think "Oh man, I'd Instagram that picture if I could!" but nothins that's distracting. We stay on campus all the time (except for the one time I went on splits with some sisters in my zone because they both had dentist/dr appointments). But I don't mind it. I can see the Y mountain, and every time I do, I do a little happy dance inside, because I LOVE UTAH. This MTC experience has been VERY helpful in preparing me, but I still can't help but feel like it's an "EFY" type thing. I know I'll feel more like a missionary when I'm actually out there doing the work, but right now I feel like I'm in "loading" mode. BUT IT WILL ONLY BE A FEW MORE HOURS UNTIL I'M OUT OF HERE. Oh my.

In the TRC is where we practice teaching "investigators." Sometimes they're real investigators, but sometimes they're just members acting. We never got a real investigator, but in the MTC Mission Conference on Sunday, the MTC president told us about a Korean woman who got baptized last week because of the missionaries who taught her in the TRC. She was there and shared her testimony/experience in Korean (with a translator), and then in broken English. It was AMAZING. I can't wait to do that.

I'm happy. Don't worry about me. Tell me how everybody is! Ben and Jess? Grandparents? EVERYBODY?

Anyhow, I'm out of time. I hope you enjoyed this novel. I don't know who did it, but one of my parents gave me the "incredibly long winded" gene. Thanks for that...

Hermana Elisabeth Willis


Advanced Spanish district with substitute teacher Hermano Bell on the last day at the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment